This section outlines the roles that can be assigned in LearningMedia and the permissions for each role.
Contributor roles and permissions
|Roles||User||Contributor||Site Editor||Site Admin||Content Editor||Content Admin||Service Admin||PBS Admin|
|Can upload media|
|Can create content projects|
|Can edit content projects|
|Can delete content projects|
|Can create collections|
|Can edit collections|
|Can delete collections|
|Can delete unpublished collections*|
|Can delete published collections*|
|ASSETS AND RESOURCES|
|Can create assets and resources|
|Can edit assets and resources|
|Can delete unpublished assets and resources (work in progress)|
|Can submit content|
|Can reject content|
|Can publish content|
|Can unpublish content|
|Can delete published content|
|Can view content reports|
|Can view user registration reports|
|Can manage users|
|Can manage roles|
|Can create contributors|
|Can edit contributors|
|Can delete contributors|
|Can customize local homepage|
Notes about user roles
- Content Editor can unpublish content on a local service only.
- Content Editor can delete published content on a local service only.
- Service Admin can also view user registration reports
- Contributor can publish content to their local service only.
- If there is no content administrator at an organization, PBS Admin plays role of content administrator and approves/publishes content.
- User role is intended for custom service only. Can view only content unique to their own organization.
- The Contributor role is a custom role. Can view only content unique to their own organization. An example would be a teacher who uploads several videos using the fast upload form.
- Content Editor has access to full CMS suite of tools. Can view only content unique to their own organization.
- Content Admin role can view only content unique to their own organization.
LearningMedia user roles self-assigned upon login to website
A person who works in with school personnel, but most likely at the district level.
A person who works with school personnel on available academic digital resources for PreK-12, likely at the school level, often in the library.
A person who consumes LearningMedia content as a learning tool.
A person who teaches students in a private, non-funded home environment.
A LearningMedia user who is neither teaching from a home nor a formal school.
Anyone who does not fit one of the other role descriptions.
A person who teaches grades K-12 and Post-Secondary students.
Early Childhood Educator
A person who teaches all pre-K levels.