- This line was added.
- This line was removed.
- Formatting was changed.
|Table of Contents|
An Extra is a type of Asset that can be associated with a Franchise, Show, or Season. Extras can be Clips or Previews only (no Full Length Episodes) and have no associated advertisements. These assets appear on a Show page on PBS.org and can be found by scrolling down a show page to the Clips and Previews sections.
How to create an extra
|Field||Notes||Required for create?|
|Object Type||Can be a preview or clip.||Y|
|Title||Title of the extra. 60 character limit, including spaces.||Y|
|Slug||Auto-generated unique identifier that cannot be changed after initial save.||Y (auto-generated)|
|PBS Content ID||Auto-generated unique identifier.||Y (prefilled from the episode level)|
|Short Description||90 characters or less, including spaces. Used primarily when space is limited, such as on apps and small screens.||Y (prefilled from the episode level)|
|Long Description||400 characters or less, including spaces.||Y (prefilled from the episode level)|
|Premiere Date||Original on-air or online broadcast date.||Y (prefilled)|
|Encore Date||On-air rebroadcast date.||Y (prefilled)|
|Tags||Used in the API and for advanced discoverability in a site search.||N|
|Created||The date and time the asset is created.||Y (auto-generated)|
|Updated||The date and time the asset was last updated.||Y (auto-generated)|
- From a Franchise, Show, or Season page, click the Extras tab (Figure 1).
- Click Create Extra (Figure 2).
- Click the Object Type dropdown menu and click Preview or Clip (Figure 3).
- The Title and Slug are prefilled from the Franchise, Show, or Season (Figure 4.1). You can change the title and the slug will automatically reformat to fit the new title.
- Click Save (Figure 4.2).
- The steps for creating an Extra mirror the steps involved when creating a Video Asset. Now that you have created your Extra, please refer to the Video Asset creation instructions to add metadata and files to your Extra.
How to delete an extra
- From the Show page, click the Extras tab (Figure 1).
- Click the trashcan icon located to the right of the Extra you want to delete (Figure 2).
- Click Yes, I'm sure to confirm deletion (Figure 3.1).
- If you've changed your mind and wish to keep the Extra, click No, take me back (Figure 3.2).
- A message confirming the deletion appears in green at the top of the screen (Figure 4).
Follow the same steps to delete Extras from seasons.