- This line was added.
- This line was removed.
- Formatting was changed.
Are you using the Media Manager API? Click here for Media Manager developer documentation
|Table of Contents|
Media Manager is a content management system (CMS) used by the PBS community to publish and distribute videos across platforms. It seeks to improve the way stations, producers, and users search and view digital content, and provides the ability to organize, relate, and present it in ways that streamline searchability.
What does all of that mean? Generally speaking, it means that searching for videos on PBS.org and station and producer sites is now much easier than ever. When your video is mapped properly in Media Manager, it's possible to locate it through more granular searches such as through a particular show within a season or a specific episode within a show.
Your video content can be organized within the following categories:
Some key features of Media Manager include:
- Detailed and organized digital assets.
- New and improved console.
- Auto-detection and manual selection of time zone.
- Enhanced metadata and detailed hierarchy allowing viewers to easily find a specific episode of a show.
- Detailed presentation of shows, including season, episode, and special.
- Presentation of videos by availability (e.g.: pre-air, just-aired, Passport, expired).
- A history feature that logs and tracks all changes in the CMS.
- Franchise/Show genre mapping right from the console.
- Content sharing between PBS stations.
- Ability to embed video on third party websites.
Moving from Merlin/COVE to Media Manager
If you are a Merlin/COVE user and are moving to Media Manager, here are some differences you'll notice.
The following diagram illustrates the relationship between each object in Media Manager. It shows which objects can hold clips, previews, or full length video assets and displays the relationship between franchises, shows, collections, seasons, specials, and episodes.
Ready to begin using the Media Manager console? Let's get started!
Visit the FAQ page for answers to your questions and quick tutorials on how to perform common tasks in Media Manager.