- Buy It
You are able to see how many times a user clicked these buttons across all your videos or on a per-video basis.
- Log in to your Google Analytics account (Figure 1).
- Your accounts are displayed along the left side of the screen.
- Locate the account you want to view and click the plus sign to expand the link.
- Click the Event Tracking link (Figure 2).
- On the left navigation menu, click Content (Figure 3.1).
- Click Events (Figure 3.1).
- Click Overview (Figure 3.2).
- The Event Tracking Overview page displays.
- Click Top Events (Figure 3.4).
Click MenuView (Figure 3.5).
If you do not see this category listed you may need to expand the number of rows by using the Show rows drop-down menu in the lower right-hand corner of the report (Figure 3.6).
- The events that have been triggered show in a list with a corresponding list of the total number of times somebody clicked each event in all of your videos (Figure 4).
- Click an event to drill down and see the number of events on a per-video basis.
If an event is not showing in the results it means that event has not had at least one trigger.
- So, for example if you click “Share Menu” a list of video titles will appear and the number of events will be the number of times a user clicked the “Share” button in each video.
- Event actions appear per-video (Figure 5.1).
- Click other formats to view the data (Figure 5.2).
- Click Show rows to see more results (Figure 5.3).
The main graph on this page does not represent all your video views; it represents all of the events in your account. Since certain actions can trigger multiple events or you may be tracking more than video events this graph is not an indicator of video views.