- Plan ahead: The vanity URL approval timeline can vary, so if you’re launching new site or a new program, please submit your vanity URL two (2) weeks in advance of your site launch/promotion.
- Standard format: Full show title, all lowercase and no punctuation (examples: /mercystreet and /bigbluelive)
- Be open to suggestions: Programming and/or Emily Kayser/Ashley Carufel may suggest a vanity URL outside of the standard format (program name) because of the following:
- Used for other programs
- Not intuitive
- No abbreviations
- Unintended meaning
- Get everything approved: All vanity URLs, even those that do follow the standard format, need to be approved by Emily Kayser/Kevin Dando Ashley Carufel and follow the standard approval process.
- PBS reserves the right to redirect any vanity URL at the end of a broadcast period and/or streaming rights period.