What is the Station PBS KIDS Games module?
The PBS KIDS Games custom component features a PBS KIDS game carousel that kids can scroll through then choose a specific game to play. The component comes in medium and large sizes. Choose the one that is the best fit for your website's right rail section. This custom component should be placed in the right rail column of your page.
This component is intended for station use only.
How to implement the Station PBS KIDS Games component
Place this component in the right rail column of your page.
From the main Bento administration dashboard, click Pages (Figure 1).
- Click the page to which you want to add the Station PBS KIDS Games Module custom component (Figure 2).
- In the Right Rail Column section, click the Available Components dropdown menu and click Custom Component (Figure 3.1).
- Click Add Component (Figure 3.2).
- Click the component dropdown menu and click Station PBS KIDS Games Module (Figure 4).
- Click the Color dropdown menu and click the color you want to be the main color for your games custom component (Figure 5.1).
- Click the Size dropdown menu and click either Medium or Large (Figure 5.2). This is the size and layout of your module.
- In the StationCallLetters textbox, type your station's call letters (example: WETA) (Figure 5.3).
- Click Save (Figure 5.4).
- In the upper right side of the page, click Preview site (Figure 6).
- The Station PBS KIDS Games custom component appears in the right rail (Figure 7).
How users can interact with the Station PBS KIDS Games custom component
- The Station PBS KIDS Games Module custom component appears in the right rail section of the page. Click the left and right facing arrows to scroll through all available games (Figure 1.1). Each game is represented by a thumbnail image to the left of the arrows.
- When the user finds the game they want to play, they can click the thumbnail image and open the game (Figure 1.2).