What you need to create a Bento site
The following are some necessary items you need to email to your PBS contact before starting your Bento project:
- Name of the Site - what you want your site to be called
- Release date - approximate time you want your site to go live
- Name / Email of the Site Administrator - who will be maintaining your site
- All users who will be working on your site - everyone who will need read/write access to your site
How to set up a Bento account
Once you have decided that a Bento site is the right fit for you, it's time to set up an account.
A site administrator must complete the following steps to set up a Bento site.
- To set up a Bento site you need to have a PBS Account. Don't have a PBS Account? Click here to learn how to get one
- Log on to http://lunchbox.pbs.org/admin/.
- Click Support Request for Bento on the bottom right side of the page (Figure 1).
- In the Email textbox, type your PBS Account email address (Figure 2.1).
- Click the Support Request dropdown menu and click I wish I could do this (Figure 2.2).
- In the large textbox, type I would like to set up a Bento account along with the information specified in the What you need to create a Bento site section (Figure 2.3).
- Click Submit Form (Figure 2.4).
- A link to your new Bento site will be emailed to your PBS Account email address.
- Click the link to begin your Bento experience.
How to log on
Once you have contacted your account manager at PBS and a site has been set up for you:
Need to change your password?
Click here to learn how to change your Bento password.
- Type your PBS Account email address and password in the textboxes provided (Figure 2.1).
- Click the Keep me logged in checkbox to stay logged in to your Bento account even when you browse to another site (Figure 2.2).
- Click Log In (Figure 2.3).
- The main Bento Site Administration dashboard appears. Learn about the dashboard
- Click Pages (Figure 3).
- If you have access to a single website, all of the pages of the website appear.
- If you have access to more than one website, click the dropdown box at the top and click the name of the website you want to access (Figure 4).
- After clicking the desired site, there should be a Master page already set up for you. This is the root of your Bento site and all pages should be created under this page.
You are ready to start building your website!