What is the File component?
The File component allows you to place any type of file on your Bento page. When the file is an image it appears on the page as the image thumbnail (we recommend using the image component for all images). Any other kind of file, including .css, .js, .pdf, appears as a file icon ( ). Users can simply click on the image thumbnail or file icon, or the file title, to open the attached file.
All other file types:
How to implement the File component
In this example we are adding a PDF file to our Bento page.
- In the main content area of your page, click the Available Components dropdown menu and click File (Figure 1.1).
- Click Add Component (Figure 1.2).
- In the Title textbox, type the title of your file and click the magnifying glass to search your filer folders for the file you want to use (Figure 2.1).
- When you find the file you want to attach, click the downward-facing arrow to add the file (Figure 3).
- Click Save (Figure 4).
- The component is saved on the left side (Figure 5.1).
- Click Preview site in the upper right side of the screen to view your webpage (Figure 5.2).
- The file shows up as a thumbnail image. Click the thumbnail to open the file (Figure 6).
- The file opens (Figure 7).
- The user can click the browser Back button to return to the main webpage.