The COVE console will be disabled and replaced by the new Media Manager console in March 2017. See the transition, training, and roll-out schedule
Are you a Developer? Click here for COVE developer documentation
What is COVE?
COVE (Comprehensive Online Video Ecosystem) is a content management system (CMS) used by the PBS community to publish and distribute videos across many platforms right from the desktop. PBS uses COVE to fortify all of its online video products, known as “COVE-powered” products and benefits from COVE's viral feature which enables other websites to embed your video file into their website. The COVE User Manual shows you how to surface your video on PBS websites all over the country and audiences all over the world.
What are some of the benefits of using COVE?
- saves time by publishing one file and distributing it to many places,
- generates income with a built in advertisement reel,
- keeps a record of every video file created and provides a search function to retrieve files,
- allows local stations to easily share content with each other,
- easily embeds your video into countless third party websites.
Where can COVE distribute my file?
- The national and local portals
- Producer websites
- PBS iPhone and iPad apps
- Apple TV
- Amazon Fire TV
- RSS feeds
- The COVE API
What are the "COVE-powered" products?
- The national PBS Video portal
- Local station video portals
- i.e.: http://watch.weta.org/
- Partner Player
- Viral Player
- Mobile Apps
If you are going to use COVE to upload and display videos, check out the COVE user manual!