The TV Listings Manager console can be found here: https://services.pbs.org/login/
The TV Listings Manager tool provides a way for stations to modify their individual, local TV Schedule listings used within PBS Digital products. These are the listings people see when they come to their station's website or their station's localized version of PBS.org.
Using the TV Listings Manager tool, stations can:
Listings can only be scheduled two weeks out.
What TV Listings Manager cannot do
Currently, Gracenote does not provide a method for PBS to deliver the updates made in TV Listings Manager. Therefore, you will need to send the updates made in the console to the listing providers, including Gracenote and TiVo, so they can be distributed to other outlets. That said, we plan to work with Gracenote, to explore possible opportunities to deliver to them the updates made the TV Listings Manager, so please stay tuned.
To ensure that you are with a station, please provide a valid station email address when requesting account access.
Please follow the steps below to request a login for the TV Listings Manager console.
- Go to http://digitalsupport.pbs.org/support/tickets/new and file a ticket requesting access to the console (Figure 1).
- Allow up to 24 hours for a response. You will receive an email from PBS confirming that you have been added to the system.
- Open the email and in the body of the email, click log in to the console (Figure 2).
- You are redirected to http://services.pbs.org/login/.
- Click Log in with your PBS account (Figure 3) and log in with your PBS account.
After logging in to the TV Listings Manager, begin by making sure you are viewing the station and channel to which the listing belongs, as well as the date on which the listing appears.
- If you have access to more than one station, select the station that holds the listing you want to edit (1).
- Select the channel that contains the listing (2).
- Click the Start Date/Time textbox and select the time and date on which the listing appears or a start time/date for a range you want to search (3).
- Click the End Date/Time textbox and select the time and date on which the listing appears or an end time/date for a range you want to search (4).
- Click Begin Editing Schedule to start editing (5).
The timezone is auto-selected according to the timezone in which the selected station resides.
Once you are in the tool, you can:
When will updates appear within PBS products?
|TVSS API||Within 30 minutes|
Station Bento sites
|Within 90 minutes|
PBS-provided TV Schedules modules
|Within 30 minutes|
|Apps||Each time the app is opened|
|PBS.org What's On module (appears below main carousel on the homepage)||Within 90 minutes|
|Air Dates||Due to technical complications, Air Dates modules are not updated at this time.|
Remember: As of now, all updates made in the tool should also be sent to Gracenote, in order for them to be distributed to the IPGs. (We are exploring options for having updates delivered directly to Gracenote in the future.)
“The time period you’ve selected includes one or more listings which can’t be processed because they have more than one content type (e.g. movie, OTO, program)”
This error occurs when there is a listing that has, over time, been assigned more than one content type by Gracenote. This results in two different IDs for the listing in our system. Since we cannot determine which ID to use, we are not able to update this type of listing. If you encounter this error, your update will need to be sent directly to Rovi.