About PBS Digital
PBS Digital consists of teams devoted to creating online experiences for PBS KIDS and PBS's general audience content. PBS Producer Exchange is exclusively for producers considering general audience-related websites for PBS.org.
The strong partnerships between PBS Digital and its general audience producers help make PBS.org one of the most popular dot-org sites in the world. Learn more
About PBS Digital Producer Products and Services (PP&S)
The PBS Digital Programming & Promotions team serves as the central point of contact between the producer community and all PBS digital services. We coordinate closely with various groups within PBS Digital as well as PBS programming and communications to guide the development of PBS.org tools and services that help stations and producers provide engaging online experiences.
What we do
PBS collaborates with web producers to develop, enhance and promote content in the following ways:
- Promote content to Facebook fans and Twitter followers.
- Highlight video clips from your program on the PBS YouTube Channel.
- Add video or audio podcasts to the PBS directories in iTunes.
- Include links to the PBS.org website across PBS site pages, your program’s related topic page and the pbs.org homepage.
- Feature PBS-hosted educational materials in PBS LearningMedia.
- Promote relevant content for parents, caregivers and families on the PBS Parents website or in the weekly PBS Parents e-newsletter, and promoting more general content in PBS's weekly newsletter, PBS Previews.
- Deliver promotional and publicity materials, including high-resolution images, press releases, episode descriptions and more, to thousands of members of the media, bloggers and PBS member station personnel through PBS PressRoom.
- Automatically include links to your PBS.org site in appropriate modules for station sites, including Programs A-Z (example: http://www.rmpbs.org/schedule/) and TV Schedules (example: http://www.pbssocal.org/tv/schedule).
- Promote your content directly to station web staff through PBS Digital's Station Products and Innovation team. For example, if you have content or projects you think would be of particular interest to station web staff, you may submit a short blurb for inclusion in the Station Products and Services bi-weekly email to stations.
- PBS makes selected programs available on free streaming services, including Hulu, YouTube, Roku, Xbox, TV.com, Fancast, Yahoo, AOL, MSN and Sling.com. These partnerships not only increase the reach of your content, but can generate incremental royalty revenue for you.
- Streamline your web production with valuable products, including the PBS partner video player, user authentication, comments engine, story sharing and metrics reporting.
Other PBS Digital teams
- Editorial Team
Focuses on holistic content strategy and promotion for PBS.org, including the homepage and topic pages.
- Product Management/Product Development Team
These two teams work hand-in-hand with all of the other groups within PBS Digital to develop and maintain the suite of products available to stations and producers including PBS Video, Social Media, and APIs.
- Station Products & Innovation Team
Coordinates closely with stations much in the same way that the Digital Programming & Promotions team works with producers. Learn more about the SPI team