What is an offer?
An offer is a feature set conferred upon users who have donated a specific amount to their PBS station. Memberships are associated with offers in Passport. Currently, PBS offers Passport, an online video feature which gives members access to a vast archive of national and local content.
Once an offer has been created, it cannot be deleted.
How to create an offer
- In the left side navigation menu, click Offers (Figure 1).
- Click Create Offer located on the right side of the page (Figure 2).
- In the Title textbox, type the name of your offer (Figure 3.1). Use names that easily indicate what your offer is just by looking at the title. This is a required field.
- The Offer ID will automatically generate when you click Create and save the page so you can leave this field blank (Figure 3.2).
- In the Description textbox, type a brief description of the offer you are creating (Figure 3.3). This is not a required field but is helpful to offer context to what is being offered. Other people who use the console should know what each offer entails.
- When finished, click Create (Figure 3.4).
- The offer is saved and has been assigned a Created and Last modified date (Figure 4.1). Each time this offer is modified, the Last modified date will change to reflect the last time a change was made.
- To view all of your offers, click Offers on the left side navigation menu (Figure 4.2).
How to edit an offer
You can make changes to an offer at any time.
- On the left side navigation menu, click Offers to access all of your offers (Figure 1.1).
- Click the title of the offer or the pencil icon to the right of the offer that you want to modify to make changes (Figure 1).
- Make changes to each field (Figure 2.1) and when you are finished, click Save (Figure 2.2).
- Click Offers to return to the main Offers page (Figure 2.3).
How to delete an offer
Only offers that are not assigned to a member can be deleted.
- From the left side navigation menu, click Offers (Figure 1).
- Click the trashcan icon next to the offer you wish to delete (Figure 2).
- When prompted to confirm the deletion, click Yes, I'm sure (Figure 3).
- A confirmation stating that the offer has been deleted appears in green at the top of the screen (Figure 4). A deleted offer cannot be recovered, only recreated.
How to view offer history
To view all offers
- From the main Offers screen, click the yellow History button located in the upper right side of the screen (Figure 1).
- Click the filters located on the right side of the page to drill down and view a specific action, offer, or user (Figure 2). As you click each filter, the list of offer records in the center of the screen automatically refresh to reflect your choices.
- Action = the action that was taken on the offer
- Offer = select a specific offer to view actions on only that offer
- User = search for a specific user who has taken actions on offers in the database
- The number of total record results that can display on the page (Figure 3.1).
- Use the search textbox to search the results (Figure 3.2). All columns can be searched.
- Date reflects the date and time the action was taken on the offer (Figure 3.3).
- User is the person taking an action on a membership record (Figure 3.4).
- The Offer column displays the name of the offer (Figure 3.5).
- The Offer ID is the unique identifier for the offer (Figure 3.6).
- Station reflects the station to which the offer it attached (Figure 3.7).
- The Action column displays the actions taken on a particular offer (Figure 3.8).
- The Details column provides more information on the action that was taken on the offer (Figure 3.9).
To view an individual offer
- From the main Offers page, click the offer whose history you would like to view (Figure 1).
- Click the yellow History button located in the upper right side of the screen (Figure 2).
- All of the actions that have been taken on that particular offer display (Figure 3).