Remote Assets display on websites only. They do not surface on apps or over-the-top devices such as Roku and Apple TV.
Remote Assets are web objects that can surface external content such as webpages or static images on your website and are referred to as Related Content in your video asset. Remote Assets are a great way to provide depth to your content by providing viewers with additional related subject matter. Remote Assets can render on a video asset page in two ways:
- Episode Link - Title and URL
- Learn More Promo - Title, URL, description, and image.
Creating a remote asset and associating it with a video asset is done in two separate places in the Media Manager console. Remote assets are created in the Remote Assets section which can be accessed from the Remote Assets link in the left side navigation menu. Remote Assets are associated with a video asset from the actual video asset.
How to create a Remote Asset
- From the left side navigation menu, click Remote Assets (Figure 1).
- On the right side of the page, click Create Remote Asset (Figure 2).
- Click either the Franchise or Show dropdown menu and click the franchise or show with which the asset should be associated (Figure 3.1). You can only select either Franchise or Show, not both.
- In the Title textbox, type a title containing no more than 256 characters, including spaces (Figure 3.2).
- In the URL textbox, type the full URL of the page to which the remote asset link should link (Figure 3.3).
- In the Short Description textbox, type a short description containing no more than 90 characters, including spaces (Figure 3.4).
- Click the blue Change button or anywhere in the Image textbox to search for an image on your computer (Figure 3.5).
- In the Tags textbox, type keywords that will help viewers find your remote asset (Figure 3.6). Tap the Enter key on your keyboard to enter each word or phrase.
- Click Save (Figure 3.7).
Required fields: Franchise/Show, Title, URL.
- After saving your page, a new section called Relationships appears at the bottom of the screen (Figure 4).
How to search for remote assets
Search for remote assets by using the filters at the top of the page or use the keyword search feature on the right side of the page.
Search using filters
- Click the dropdown menus at the top of the Remote Assets page to filter results by Franchise, Show or link type (Episode or Learn More). You can select either Franchise or Show, not both.
- Results that fit the selected filters are returned (Figure 2).
Search by keyword
Search for a remote asset using keywords from its title or description.
- Type keywords from the remote asset's title or description in the search textbox in the upper right side of the screen (Figure 1).
- Results containing the keywords in either the title or description, or both, are returned (Figure 2).
A Relationship in an association between a remote asset and a video asset in the form of related content. The Relationships section displays all videos that include the remote asset you are currently viewing. Only existing relationships appear in this section. If the remote asset has no existing relationships, you must add them at the video asset level in a special or a season.