- Learn how to add closed captioning files
- Learn how to add a transcript file
- Learn more about media format guidelines
|File format||File length||Notes|
Before starting, be sure you are in the correct content project.
If more than one language is represented in your resource, create a separate video file for each language. For instance, if you have an English language resource and a Spanish language version of the same resource, create two video files, one for English and one Spanish. The two files are then added to your asset when you create it.
How to upload a video
- From the left side navigation menu, in the CMS section (Figure 1.1), click Videos (Figure 1.2).
- In the upper right corner of the page, clck Add Video Media (Figure 1.3).
- In the Name textbox, type the title of your video file (Figure 2.1).
- In the Content project section, begin typing the name of the content project to which the video belongs (Figure 2.2). When a list of matches appears, click the content project with which you want to associate the video.
- In the Video Source File section, click Choose File to select a video file from your computer (Figure 2.3).
As the video ingests, a status bar displays with the ingestion progress (Figure 3).
- When the video has fully uploaded, a notification displays at the top of the page (Figure 4.1).
- At the bottom of the page, click Save and continue to persist the file (Figure 4.2).
- A confirmation message displays at the top of the page (Figure 5.1).
- The video file has been committed (Figure 5.2).
- Click the Language dropdown menu and click the language in which your video file plays (Figure 5.3). No restrictions are set as the default.
- Click the Geo restrictions dropdown menu and click None, United States, or North America (Figure 5.4). The selection you choose determines if your content will be seen only in that area. For instance, if you select:
- None - your video will be available everywhere.
- United States - your video will only be available in the United States.
- North America - your video will be available in the United States, Canada, and Mexico.
- If your video file is a 360 format, click the checkbox next to Is 360 video (Figure 5.5).
- In the Poster image section, click Choose File to search your computer for the poster image you want to use to accomp (Figure 5.6).
- A confirmation message appears at the top of the page, indicating that your media has been successfully added (Figure 4.1).
- Your video file begins to transcode in the background (Figure 4.2). After a few seconds to a minute, depending on the file size, refresh the page to see if the file has completely ingested.
- To add a file for video chapters, click Show next to Chapters (Figure 7.1).
- To add a transcript file, click Show next to Transcript (Figure 7.2). Learn how to add a transcript file
- To add a caption file, click Add another Captions next to Video Captions (Figure 7.3). Learn how to add a caption file