Where you are in the content contribution process:
After you have created a content project, uploaded media, created an asset and a resource, it is time to publish the resource and make your content available to educators. Anyone with publishing rights can publish a resource. This section illustrates how.
- An unpublished resource has a status of In Progress. If you have publishing privileges, simply click Publish (Figure 1).
- After the resource is published the status changes to Published and the resource is now available on the LearningMedia website (Figure 2).
How to unpublish a resource
- After a resource has been published you can:
- click Edit to unpublish the resource and remove it from www.pbslearningmedia.org.
- click Remove to delete the resource (Figure 1).
Be very careful when clicking Remove; clicking Remove permanently deletes your resource.
How to view your resource
After publishing your resource there are a couple of ways you can view it in a browser:
- Click the grey View on site button in the upper right side of the screen. This button only appears after the resource has been published.
- Go to www.pbslearningmedia.org and search for your resource.
View on site button
Search on www.pbslearningmedia.org
Wait! There's one more way to view your resource in a browser.....
- Open www.pbslearningmedia.org in a browser and type /resource then the resource code, so the link looks like this in your address bar: http://www.pbslearningmedia.org/resource/friction-crashcourse-1006/
- The text in red is the part you should type in the browser address bar.
- The resource code can be found in the Resource code textbox at the top of your resource (Figure 1).