Designing your station site is permissions-based. Only Service Admins and Site Admins can work with station site design so please check the role you have been assigned.
What elements can I customize on my site?
PBS LearningMedia encourages you to tailor your site to reflect your own unique brand and create a familiar space for your visitors to find content. You can customize your station:
- station module (1)
- promotional area (2)
- featured collections (3)
Media and text guidelines
Follow the guidelines outlined in the table below to be sure you are adding all the right content to your station site.
|Social Media Icons||These are currently being pulled from the PBS.org database but stations may be able to add these links themselves.|
|Open Area Image|
|Promotional Section Images|
|Featured Collections Images|
|Open Area Text|
|Promotional Section Text|
Run user reports
As a station admin you have the ability to run reports on all users within your organization or state. Reports can be viewed on-screen, printed out, or downloaded as a CSV file. Keep in mind that these reports reflect anyone who has signed up to access your online content, not internal CMS users.This section demonstrates how to run free user registration reports.
- From the left side navigation menu, click Free User Registration Report (Figure 1). If the link is not visible, click the arrow to the left of Reports to expand the menu.
- A host of search filters and options are available including:
- CSV file export (FIgure 2.1). Click the checkbox to indicate that you want to generate and export your report in a CSV format.
- Custom report timeframes (Figure 2.2). Click the textbox next to Start and End date to surface a calendar. Click the dates on the calendar that you want your report to begin and end. Not selecting a date will return all results from the beginning of time through the current day. You must click a day on the calendar in order for the date to register and appear in the textbox.
- Preferred subjects (Figure 2.3). Streamline your search by selecting only the areas of study you are targeting. This is a required field. You must select at least one subject.
- User role (Figure 2.4). Click the User role dropdown menu and click the roles you want to search. You can only select one role at a time, however, you can search all roles by not any.
- Grade level (Figure 2.5). Click the Grade level dropdown menu and select the grade span on which you want to search. To search all grade levels, do not select any.
- LearningMedia site (Figure 2.6). Click the Lmsite dropdown menu and select the site on which you want to run your user report.
- When you have made all of your selections, click Generate Report (Figure 2.7).
- After clicking Generate Report, your results appear down the page. Click any column heading with hyperlinked text to sort that column (Figure 3.1). Click the horizontal scrollbar at the bottom of the page to scroll to the right and view all columns.
- The total number of search results can be found at the bottom of the page (Figure 3.2).. If there is more than one page of results, pagination is available in this location.
* Names and emails are blurred for privacy.
Tips on using filters
- The fewer filters used, the more search results returned.
- The more specific your search criteria, the more accurate your search results.
- Not all filters need to be used on any search.
- A search can be conducted by selecting no filters at all except at least one subject.
- Each time search criteria is modified you must click Generate Report.
You can reassign user roles, remove users from the system, and add single or multiple (bulk) users to the system with the user management functionality.
Please note that this functionality relates to users within your organization, not external users who are registered on your station site.
- From the left side navigation menu, click User management (Figure 1). If the link is not visible, click the arrow to the left of Users to expand the menu.
- All users in the system appear. Click the filters on the right side of the page to narrow the search results by role (Figure 2.1).
- Type a portion of or the entire user name in the Fast find user textbox and click Enter to search for a user (Figure 2.2).
- Click the name of the user whose account you want to modify (Figure 2.1).
- Type the user name or email address into the Fast find user textbox to search for a user (Figure 2.2). A list of matches appears as you type, click the name of the user whose account you want to modify.
- To assign a different role to the user, click the Team dropdown menu and click the role you want the user to have (Figure 3.1).
- Click Save (Figure 3.2).
If a user in your organization has moved to another organization, you can reassign them to their new organization right from the user management tool.
- From within the user's profile, click the Reassign checkbox (Figure 1.1).
- In the Organization textbox, begin typing the name of the organization to which they have moved (Figure 1.2). When matching names appear, click the organization to which you want them reassigned.
- When finished, click Save (Figure 1.3).
- The user is now part of the new organization and is no longer attached to the old organization. The user should be able to log in to their new organization as they normally would but could possibly have new permissions assigned by the new organization.
Deactivating a user deletes a user from your database.
- Click the checkbox next to the user you want to deactivate (Figure 1.1).
- Click the Action dropdown menu, click Deactivate selected users, and click Go (Figure 1.2).
Add a single user
Site admins can create accounts for staff members and assign permissions so that when the staff member creates their own account, all of their PBS LearningMedia permissions will be in place and they can get right to work. This section demonstrates how to create a staff member account and assign permissions. You must be a site admin to perform this operation.
- Once you are in the correct organization, click User management in the left side navigation menu (Figure 1.1).
- In the Add user section, type the new user's email address, first and last name (Figure 1.2).
- Click the Team dropdown menu and click the role which should be assigned to the new user (Figure 1.3).
- Click Save (Figure 1.4).
- The user is saved and can be found in the organization user list. Click the user's name to review their profile. After this process is complete, the user needs to go to www.pbslearningmedia.org and create an account using the same information you used when you created their account. All account permissions are automatically set for them.
Bulk upload users
* This functionality is reserved for custom users only.
Service admins and content admins can upload several users at once using the bulk upload feature. Bulk upload requires the ingestion of a tab delimited csv, xls, or xlsx file containing each user's full name, email address, and LearningMedia role (example: Content Admin). Users must be associated with the same organization. This section demonstrates how to bulk upload users.
Some important things to remember
- Do not include a header/title row in your spreadsheet; only include pertinent user information.
- Create your bulk upload file. A typical example looks like the following:
- From the user management screen in the User Bulk Upload section, cllick Browse to locate the file on your computer (Figure 1.1).
- Click See an example file to view a working file and pattern yours after it (Figure 1.2).
- Locate the file on your computer (Figure 2.1) and add it (Figure 2.2).
- Click Upload (Figure 3).
- The records appear and the Status column indicates if everything has uploaded successfully (Figure 4).
* If errors occur, you may have to go back into the original spreadsheet and make adjustments.
After you have successfully bulk uploaded users the following occurs:
- All users who were already registered in PBS LearningMedia automatically have their information updated and no action is required.
- All new users to the system will have an email sent to them at the email address that was specified in the bulk upload file. The email contains a link that they will click on and be prompted to create an account.