The Station Video Portal Carousel provides a way to add up to 15 videos to the Featured Shows section of your station's video portal. The first episode from each Featured Show in your Station Video Portal Carousel populates the top section of the station video portal homepage. Both local and national shows can be added to this carousel.
The images in the top section of this collection are being pulled from Media Manager. The images in the lower row are pulled from Merlin, a tool that is being deprecated late 2017.
How to add this collection to your site
- From the main Collections menu, click Station Video Portal Carousel (Figure 1).
- Click Add Schedule (Figure 2).
- The current date and time appears. We are going to schedule the date and time when this collection will be published and go live on your site so click the textbox that displays the date and time (Figure 3.1).
- Click the left and right-facing arrows to scroll through months (Figure 3.2).
- Click the date you want this collection to be published and go live (Figure 3.3).
- Click the time stamp at the bottom of the calendar to adjust the time that the collection will be published (Figure 3.4).
- Time is presented in military time. Click the up and down arrows to adjust the time (Figure 4.1).
- When finished, click Add (Figure 4.2).
- Your schedule is ready to create and is in Draft mode, as indicated at the top of the screen (Figure 5.1).
- Click Add Item to add your first video (Figure 5.2).
- Click the Show dropdown menu and type keywords from the title of the show you want to include (Figure 6.1).
- Click the show name when it appears to add it to your collection (Figure 6.2).
Search by station call letters
- In the textbox in the Station section, type the call letters of the station that is associated with the show you want to add (Figure 7.1).
- Click Search (Figure 7.2).
The Title field will auto-populate when you select an item for this collection.
- When results surface, click anywhere within the border that contains the search result you want to use (you can click the image, title, or any white space within the black border) to add it to your collection (Figure 8)
- The poster image associated with the show appears in the Poster Image section (Figure 9.1). If the item you select does not contain a poster image, you must go into the Media Manager console and add an image there. Curate will pull the image from Media Manager and display it in Curate.
- The title is auto-populated (Figure 9.2).
- Click Save (Figure 9.3).
- The item appears in the collection (Figure 10.1).
- Use the buttons on the right side of the item to edit or remove the item (Figure 10.2).
- Click Add Item to add another item and click Save to save your collection (Figure 10.3).
- Repeat the steps to add the rest of your Station Shows List items.
How to rearrange items
Once you've added all of your carousel items, you can rearrange the order in which they appear. Items in your Curate list appear in the same order on your station video portal page. So the top item in your Curate list will appear as the first item on the left of your Featured Shows, and so on.
- Click anywhere on the item and drag it to its new position in the list (Figure 1). When it is in place, release your mouse.
- Click Save Changes (Figure 2).