The Videolanding Local Videos collection appears in the Browse Videos section on your Video page. The Video page is accessed when users click Video in the top navigation bar on your site. To use this collection, you must program either 4 or 8 videos. If you do not program 4 or 8 videos, the collection will not publish.
In order to add this collection to your site, you must add exactly four (4) or eight (8) items.
|Field||Item Type||Max||Min||Additional Parameters||File type||Required ( = Yes = No)||Where it appears|
|Image||(Retina): 2560 x 995.56||1920x1080||JPG|
How to populate the Videolanding Local Videos collection
From the main Collections page, click PBS.org Videolanding Local Videos (Figure 1).
- The current date displays on the right side of the page (Figure 2.1)
- Click Add Schedule (Figure 2.2).
- To change the date and time, click the textbox (Figure 3.1).
- Click the date on the calendar that you want your schedule to go live (Figure 3.2). The selected date turns blue.
- Click the timestamp at the bottom to adjust the hour and minute that you want your schedule to go live (Figure 3.3).
- Time is presented in military time. Click the up and down arrows to adjust the time (Figure 4.1).
- When finished, click Add (Figure 4.2).
- Your Videolanding Local Videos collection is ready to create and is in Draft mode (Figure 5.1). Draft mode means it is not yet visible on your site and can be edited.
- Click Add Item to add your first Videolanding Local Videos item (Figure 5.2).
- In the Show textbox, begin typing the name of the show that holds the content you want to use (Figure 6.1). When options are presented, click the name of the show you want.
- In the Title textbox, type keywords that are included in the title of the content you want to use in your collection (Figure 6.2).
- Click Search (Figure 6.3).
- When the video you want surfaces in the results, click anywhere on the video to add it to your collection.
You can filter your results by Availability, however, currently, the Type filter is disabled.
- After you have added four (4) or eight (8) items, click Save (Figure 7.1).
- To edit or remove any of your collection items, use the Edit and Remove buttons located on the right side of the page to the right of each item (Figure 7.2).
You must add four (4) or eight (8) items to this collection. If you do not add exactly four (4) or eight (8) items, the collection will not save.
- Your collection goes into Published mode. Refresh the page to make your collection live.
- Your collection will go live on your site on the date and time that you assigned in steps 3 and 4.
- When a user clicks the Video menu item at the top of PBS.org (Figure 8.1) and scrolls down to the Browse Videos section, they will see your collection in the Local Videos section (Figure 8.2).