The PBS.org Station Links collection provides a place for you to add links to areas of your station website such as a donation page, TV schedule, and links to other station affiliates. The PBS.org Station Links collection appears when a user scrolls down your website and is easily identified by the large image placed in the background.
At least one item is required to use this collection.
Maximum characters allowed
|Required ( Yes No)|
|At least one item is required.|
|Link Text 1||Open Text||26 characters, including spaces|
|Link URL 1||URL||N/A (only required if Link Text 1 entered)|
|Link Text 2||Open Text||26 characters, including spaces|
|Link URL 2||URL||N/A (only required if Link Text 2 entered)|
|Link Text 3||Open Text||26 characters, including spaces|
|Link URL 3||URL||N/A (only required if Link Text 3 entered)|
|Link Text 4||Open Text||26 characters, including spaces|
|Link URL 4||URL||N/A (only required if Link Text 4 entered)|
|Link Text 5||Open Text||26 characters, including spaces|
|Link URL 5||URL||N/A (only required if Link Text 5 entered)|
How to program your Station Links
- Click PBS.org Station Links (Figure 1).
- The current day displays on the right side of the page (Figure 2.1).
- Click Add Schedule to schedule your station links (Figure 2.2).
- The current date and time appears. To change the date and time, click the textbox that displays the date and time (Figure 3.1).
- The current date is denoted by a blue tickmark (Figure 3.2).
- When you click on a new date, it highlights in blue (Figure 3.3).
- Click the time stamp at the bottom of the calendar to adjust the time (Figure 3.4).
- Time is presented in military time. Click the up and down arrows to adjust the time (Figure 4.1).
- When finished, click Add (Figure 4.2).
- Your schedule is ready to create and is in Draft mode as indicated at the top of the screen (Figure 5.1).
- Click Add Item to add your first station link (Figure 5.2).
- In the Link URL textbox, type the full URL of the page to which you want your first station link to click (Figure 6.1).
- In the Title textbox, type the text you want to display for your link (Figure 6.2). This is the text users will see.
- When finished, click Save (Figure 6.3).
- The link you added appears on your schedule (Figure 7.1).
- You can edit or remove the link by using the Edit and Remove buttons on the right side of the screen (Figure 7.2).
- Click Add Item to add another link or Save to save your collection to Published mode (Figure 7.3).
- When you've finished adding all items, refresh the page to make it Live (Figure 8).
- Your Station Links collection appears on your station webpage (Figure 9).
How to change your Station Links
After your schedule has gone live, it cannot be edited. In order to make changes, you must create a new schedule or copy the live schedule. Copying the live schedule comes in handy if you want to carry over items from the live schedule to your new schedule.
The steps below illustrate how to edit your live schedule by copying it and making changes.
- Be sure you are working with the correct schedule (Figure 1.1).
- Click the Actions tab on the live schedule (Figure 1.2).
- Click Copy Schedule (Figure 2).
- Click the date to modify the day and time you want your new schedule to go live (Figure 3.1).
- Click Add (Figure 3.2).
- The date the new schedule is supposed to go live appears at the top of the schedule and its status is "unsaved." (Figure 4.1). Click Change to modify the date and time the schedule should go live. Keep in mind you cannot modify this when the schedule is live.
- The number of items in the current schedule displays, as well as the requirements for how many items must be included and the maximum number of items you can include (Figure 4.2). As you add or remove items, these numbers will change.
- Click Add Item to add a new item to the schedule (Figure 4.3).
- Use the Edit and Remove buttons on the right side of the page to edit or remove existing items (Figure 4.4).
- After you've made changes, the Items in schedule reflect the new counts (Figure 5.1).
- When finished, click Save (Figure 5.2).
- After clicking Save, your schedule goes into the published state and will go live:
- immediately, if the schedule date and time falls before the present date and time, or
- at the date and time you've designated in the new schedule, if that date and time has not yet occurred in real time.