The PBS.org Local Passport Videos collection provides a place for Passport-enabled stations to add four local Passport videos to their local PBS.org station Passport page (http://www.pbs.org/passport/videos/). In order to add this collection to your site, you must add exactly four (4) items.
Your station must be Passport-enabled in order to take advantage of this feature.
Video availability options
The following video availability options are available when selecting videos from Curate and adding them to your Local Passport Videos collection:
|Available to all users||The video can be viewed by anyone on any PBS.org station website|
|Available only to PBS Passport members||The video can be viewed by anyone on any PBS station website who has the PBS Passport member benefit|
|Available only to Station Passport members||The video can only be viewed on your station website by those who have your local station's Passport member benefit|
How to program your Local Passport Video links
- Click PBS.org Local Passport Videos (Figure 1).
- Click Add Schedule (Figure 2).
- The current date and time appears. To change the date and time, click the textbox that displays the date and time (Figure 3.1).
- Click the left and right-facing arrows to scroll through months (Figure 3.2).
- Click the date you want to assign (Figure 3.3).
- Click the time stamp at the bottom of the calendar to adjust the time (Figure 3.4).
- Time is presented in military time. Click the up and down arrows to adjust the time (Figure 4.1).
- When finished, click Add (Figure 4.2).
- Your schedule is ready to create and is in Draft mode as indicated at the top of the screen (Figure 5.1).
- Click Add Item to add your first video (Figure 5.2).
- If you know the title of the video you want to add, you can enter it in the Title textbox and click Search (Figure 6.1).
- To begin browsing videos, click the Type dropdown menu and click the type of video you want to search (Figure 6.2).
- Click the Show dropdown menu and begin typing the name of the show that holds the video you want to add (Figure 6.3).
- Click the Availability dropdown menu and click Available only to Station Passport users if that is the audience to which you want the video available (Figure 6.4). View video availability options
- When finished, click Search (Figure 6.5).
- Results appear at the bottom of the screen. To add the video to your schedule, click the video's thumbnail image (Figure 6.6).
Each time you change your selections, you must click Search to initiate the new search.
- The video appears on your schedule. You can edit or remove the video by using the Edit and Remove buttons on the right side of the screen (Figure 7.1).
- Click Add Item to add another link or Save to save your collection (Figure 7.2).
- After saving, an alert surfaces letting you know how many videos you have added and the availability status of each (Figure 8.1).
- Click Save (Figure 8.2).
- When you've finished adding all items, refresh the page to make it Live (Figure 8).
- Your Local Passport Videos collection appears near the bottom of your station page on PBS.org (Figure 9).