The Station Video Portal Carousel provides a way to add up to 12 videos to your station's video portal homepage screen. The first episode from each show in your Station Video Portal Carousel populates the top section of the station video portal homepage and the Watch Shows section directly beneath. Both local and national shows can be added to this carousel.
Until a video is programmed into the new list, the carousel falls back to the current behavior, pulling full-length videos from the list of Featured Shows. Once a video is programmed into the Station Video Portal Carousel, videos will be pulled from the video list instead of the shows list. Because the carousel slides feature three videos at once, we recommend programming in multiples of three, as many as fifteen, to fill all five slides.
Please note that as video assets become unavailable, they will automatically disappear from the carousel, so please be sure you monitor your list regularly. As there is one active video in the video list, the carousel will pull from the video list. When there are no active videos, the carousel will fallback to populating videos from the shows list.
The images in the top section of this collection are being pulled from the Images tab of each video asset in Media Manager.
How to schedule the Station Video Portal collection
- From the main Collections menu, click Station Video Portal Carousel (Figure 1).
- The default screen shows the current date (Figure 2.1).
- If you do not have this collection scheduled for the current day, a message stating that appears on the page (Figure 2.2). If there is a collection scheduled for the current day, the collection will appear.
- Click the blue Schedule button on the right side of the page to schedule the date and time you want your collection to appear on your site (Figure 2.3).
- Click the left and right facing arrows to scroll through each month (Figure 3.1).
- Click the date on the calendar that you want your video collection displayed on your site (Figure 3.3).
- Click the timestamp at the bottom of the calendar to adjust the hour and minute you want your collection to go live on your site (Figure 3.3).
- You can also manually type the date and time in the textbox that displays the current assigned date and time (Figure 3.4). Time is presented in military time. Be sure to follow the proper format!
- When finished, click Save (Figure 3.5).
- Begin typing the name of the show you want to add (Figure 4.1).
- Click the name of the show when it appears (Figure 4.2).
- Metadata for the selected show is automatically populated (Figure 4.3).
- Click Add Item & Save to save this item and save the page or Add Another to save this item and add another item (Figure 4.4). In this step we are going to add another item.
- After saving, click Leave for Later to send the collection into Temporary Draft mode to work on later, Add another item to add another item to this collection, or Save to save your collection item and put it into Scheduled mode (Figure 4.5). When the collection is in Temporary Draft mode it will not go live.
(click image to enlarge)
- If you've rearranged items, be sure to click Save (Figure 5).
- The collection is in Scheduled mode (Figure 6.1). This means the collection will go live when the assigned date arrives.
- When your collection is in Scheduled mode you can still edit (Figure 6.2) or delete items (Figure 6.3).
- Click +Item to add another item to the collection (Figure 6.4). You cannot exceed 24 items in this collection.
- You can also delete the schedule or change the publish date of the schedule by using the Actions menu on the right side of the page (Figure 6.5).
- When the date and time that you specified in step 3 arrives, your collection will go live and cannot be edited or deleted (Figure 7).