The Show Carousel collection displays four (4) videos that give viewers a glimpse of your show and entices them to learn more about your show. The image, logo, title, content type, and total run time are automatically pulled from Media Manager – you just need to select the four videos you want to display. If you choose not to populate this collection, the four most recently published episodes of your show will automatically display. Only one carousel can be added to your show page.
Items display on your homepage in the order you added them to the carousel. The first item you add appears as the large image on the left with each subsequent image appearing from top to bottom along the right side of the page.
How to schedule the Show Carousel collection
- From the main Show Collections page, click PBS.org Show Carousel (Figure 1).
- The default screen shows the current date (Figure 2.1).
- If you do not have a collection scheduled for the current day, a message stating so appears on the page (Figure 2.2). If there is a collection already scheduled for the current day, that collection will appear on the screen.
- Click the blue Schedule button on the right side of the page to schedule the date and time you want the collection to appear on your site (Figure 2.3).
- When the calendar appears, click the left and right facing arrows to scroll through each month (Figure 3.1).
- Click the date on the calendar that you want your carousel displayed on your site (Figure 3.2).
- Click the timestamp at the bottom of the calendar to adjust the hour and minute you want the collection to go live on your site (Figure 3.3).
- You can also manually type the date and time in the textbox that displays the current assigned date and time (Figure 3.4). Time is presented in military time. Be sure to follow the proper format!
- When finished, click Save (Figure 3.5).
- Search for the first carousel item in one of the following ways (Figure 4.1):
- Title of the video (Figure 4.1). Use quotes around a video title to return a specific video; do not use quotes to return a broader range of results.
- Title of the show (Figure 4.2). As you type the show title, results will populate. Click the name of the show you want to search.
- Audience Availability of the video (Figure 4.3). This determines who can see the video. The default is Public (available to everyone). Select from the following options:
- Public: All users who we don't know anything about (anonymous/non-logged in users or those without a localized station).
- Passport Members - All Stations: All users who made a donation to a station that is different from the show's local audiences.
- Passport Members - Select Stations: All users who made a donation to a station that is the same as one of the show's local audiences.
- All Available and Unavailable Videos: All published videos regardless of availability.
- The type of the video (Figure 4.4) - Choose from Episode, Clip, Promo. Do not select a type of video to return a broader range of search results.
- After you have entered your search critieria, click Search (Figure 4.5).
If you are trying to schedule a video that’s not yet available, make sure it’s published first. To view published videos that are not yet available, select All Available and Unavailable Videos from the Audience Availability dropdown menu.
Using just one of the fields to search will return more search results.
- Once results have been returned, click the radio button next to the video you want to add to your carousel (Figure 5.1)
- Click the Availability dropdown to check the availability for the video you've chosen (Figure 5.2). Learn more about Availability (this link takes you away from this page so open in a new tab or window)
- Click Add Item & Save to add and save the collection item (Figure 5.3).
- Click the:
- number to reorder the item
- pencil icon to edit a collection item
- trashcan icon to delete a collection item (Figure 6.1).
- Click Leave for Later to send the collection to Temporary Draft mode to work on later or Save to save your collection item and put it in Scheduled mode (Figure 6.2). When the collection is in Temporary Draft mode it will not go live.
- Your collection has been saved, as indicated by the green alert in the upper right side of the page (Figure 7.1).
- The collection is in Scheduled mode (Figure 7.2). This means it will go live when the assigned date arrives.
- You can change the publish date, copy, or delete the schedule by using the Actions menu on the right side of the page (Figure 7.3).
- Click the expand button to expand the section and view the items (Figure 7.4).
- When the date and time that you specified in Steps 3 and 4 arrives, your collection will go live and cannot be edited or deleted (Figure 7).
- When live, your Carousel appears at the top of your Show page (Figure 9).