The Explorer Google Doubleclick component connects you to a free hosted ad serving solution called DoubleClick for Publishers Small Business (DFP), enabling direct access to the world's largest pool of advertisers. This component is designed to be flexible and provide advertisement placement in particular areas of your webpage on desktops and mobile devices.
In order to use the Google DoubleClick component, you must have the following:
- A DFP account. Please acquire a DFP account from your PBS program manager.
Ad graphics with the following dimensions:
- Leaderboard - a jpg, gif, or png that is 728 pixels wide by 90 pixels high. This ad is visible from desktop computers only.
- Medium Rectangle - a jpg, gif, or png that is 300 pixels wide by 250 pixels high. This ad is used in the right rail only.
- Half Page - a jpg, gif, or png that is 300 pixels wide by 600 pixels high. This ad is used in the right rail only.
- Billboard - a jpg, gif, or png that is 970 pixels wide by 250 pixels high. This ad is visible at the top of your page.
- You must include a Desktop Ad, Adhesion (mobile) ad, or both.
How to implement Google Doubleclick
- In a block on your website, click the plus sign to add a component and click custom components (Figure 1).
- Click the default component to bring up the list of available components (Figure 2).
- Click the component dropdown menu and click Explorer Google Doubleclick (Figure 3).
- In the Ad Id textbox, type the ID of your ad (Figure 3.1).
Click the Ad Size dropdown menu and click the checkbox next to the ad you want to use (Figure 3.2).Learn more about ad sizes and placement
You can select more than one ad per component, however, you cannot select an ad that is not intended for the placeholder you have chosen. For instance, if you are placing your Explorer Google Doubleclick custom component in the right rail, you cannot add a Leaderboard or a Billboard ad. Those can only go in the top banner section of your site.
- In the Ad Slot textbox, type the Ad Slot text for the ad you are using (Figure 3.3).
- Click the Ad Type dropdown menu and click either Station or Producer (Figure 3.4).
What are ad tags? An ad tag tells DoubleClick for Publishers, "I belong to this ad unit. Please send me an ad that matches my targeting criteria and specified sizes." The ad server then identifies the best ad for this ad tag, logs an impression, and sends the ad to the ad tag to display on the page. These codes are generated on the Doubleclick site. Copy them from there and paste into this custom component.
- In the Adhesion Setup section, type the Id for your ad in the Id textbox (Figure 4.1).
- In the Slot textbox, type the Ad slot (Figure 4.2).
- When finished, click Save (Figure 4.3).
- When finished, click Preview site in the upper right to view the ad in a browser (Figure 5).
- The ad shows in the right rail section of your webpage (Figure 6).